Sunday 4 September 2011

I'm scared I'm going to find a dead chicken in the morning

The largest of my two chicks had laboured breathing tonight and I think maybe it's breast bone is protruding compared to its 'sister' :(
I'll be really sad as I've actually become attached and it's the more friendly of the two. Also, my eldest just named them after him and his little brother.
I really hope it's something and nothing.
I wasn't going to get chicks originally as  I know they are more susceptible to, well, everything. I didn't really want to expose my children to the very real possibility of losing a pet (well more than I had to iykwim)? But after looking after my cousins I thought it'd be a good experience, and it is. But I really hope it's something and nothing.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Oh no, i really hope it's nothing. x

Oxymornic said...

Cheers my dear.
I really hope so too.