Monday 22 August 2011

I'm officially a chicken mummy!

Picked up two cream legbar chicks today!!!! They are sooo sweet, pretty big seeing as though they are 4weeks old but they no longer require the heat lamp, so they came home with us (legbars are autosexing so you can tell their gender from birth because of a difference in feathers).
Hoping that we can handle them enough that they really become pets, and I can't wait to see what colour their eggs are!
We should be going back in a month to pick up some silkies which are supposed to be really child friend, and well silky lol!

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

sqeeee, I love legbars, so very pretty and blue eggs!!
I want to see them. x

Oxymornic said...

You are welcome to come :D I will try and post pics but once the hols are over come over for a cuppa!
They're only little, well bigger than you expect chicks to be, but little compared to fully grown chooks.

Mary said...

I'm so jealous you have chickens! (but so happy for you!)

Oxymornic said...

Join us on the dark side ;)