Tuesday 2 March 2010

I'm Anxious

About which school my son should go to. He won't go until he's 5 as he's born in September (he's 3 now) I have to choose when he's 4. But I can't stop thinking about which school he will attend.
I keep toying with the idea of home schooling but don't know if I could do it!
I'm visiting another school tomorrow. I don't want him to go there and I've not even visited it.
I also made an appointment at another school for Friday.
I tried to go and visit the closest school (I attended it for just under two school years), as far as i'm concerned it's a crock. But I thought it was 20 years ago that I attended it and I shouldn't go off what people have said about it as their values could be very different.
So I phoned and tried to make an appointment to have a look at the school at the person I spoke to did their utmost to dissuade me. What's that about? I'm not even going to bother!!!

Another school that I visited, and reputedly a good one (I did like the feel of it).The person that showed me around was telling me I should put one of my 'local' schools down as I may get turned down and find that the local authority place my son in a school that is ridiculously far away. 'would I rather he go to a crappy school (even if it's just through the appeals process). Or a school in a different part of the city?'.
Neither thanks!
These schools that I'm looking at are 10/15 min walk away and 5 mins in the car.

2 comments:

tranquility said...

homeschool is cool ,))

Oxymornic said...

I hear you! I think about it all the flippin time :D